Monday, May 14, 2007

Ample Samples

Ooh excitement - for the first time today I got to see fabric samples of my new designs! I'm really happy with how the colours turned out - it can be quite a challenge matching colours using my swatchbook, and then hoping they'll turn out how I planned, especially when the base fabric isn't white.






This last one looks a bit brighter & higher contrast here than it does in real life. The base fabric is a darkish "mushroom" colour (thanks Shannon :P) with a rusty red on top.

I hope to have these three in the shop in about two weeks - yay.

18 comments:

Anna said...

They are gorgeous! love the flying geese! would be very dangerous if I had a credit card... :)

Jade said...

Beautiful! Specially the top one with blue tree branches...got my eye on it. Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful! Can't wait to see them in real life :-)

Anonymous said...

They're all so yummy, the blue one jumped out as my favourite :)

Heather Moore said...

Beeeeooooootiful!!!

World Wide Alternative said...

Yum,yum,yum,yum,YUM!

Anonymous said...

Whoa!

I like all of them.
Can't buy them all though :(

{think I'll go with the flying geese in red + the tree branches in blue}

Melissa said...

Ooh, the green geese. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, which ones aren't on white, just the bottom one? White looks ghastly on me, so I don't buy white-based fabric, just in case I want clothes ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!I hope i'm quick enough when they hit the shop!

Anonymous said...

They are all just stunning! Love the trees!

Anonymous said...

lara girl, you've been featured in Drawn!
That is my favourite website..
good stuff girl!!

Ellen Wong said...

i must must must get the 2nd one when it comes into your shop. do you have a mailing list? haha i want to make a small tote with it for my shopping.

Catalina Alvarez said...

Wow!
I love your blog and your papers.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards from Tuscany.
Cata

nicole lecht said...

oh girl, look at you go with your pattern self! i can't decided which one i like the best!

Stereoette said...

i shall be purchasing the trees.

yessss.

*plots takeover of world with trees fabric as sidekick*

Stacey said...

Ooh, I love the top one. The blue is just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

do you print them yourself?