Thursday, May 22, 2008

oh so ground breaking stuff

The cool thing about having a little fabric mafia is that we can ride on each other's successes. After Shannon did something oh-so-groundbreaking and printed light ink on dark cloth (our printer had concerns about quality, but it turned out to be fine), Bianca and I followed suit :)


Ginkgo in Snow

I've been dying to print white ink on natural fabric for ages now, and I love the results! Given that the ink is opaque, it's tactile and sits more on the surface of the fabric. To me this helps emphasize the screen printed nature of the fabric and helps set it apart from digitally printed stuff. Especially because with digital you can't print light on dark cloth. Yay!


Ginkgo in Red Orange


More mix packs ahoy

Anyway, I reckon this lot will go up in the shop on Monday morning, along with some other goodies (including some more mix packs and some Birch Forest).

Let's say Monday 26th, 10:00am Melbourne time?

16 comments:

mizu designs said...

gorgeous! if i was sewing type of girl i'd be snapping these up. can't start up a sewing machine to save my life.

olga said...

Lara, these colors are fantastic!! I am so into white on natural colored cloth!!!

btw, I was sending you e-mail a week ago, asking if you'd be interested in some graphic design commission I might have for you, but never got any reply. Did my mail ended up in spam folder or smth?
If you are interested, please drop me a line at khrunova at gmail.com, ok? thanks )

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, im like totally groundbreaking!!

Leslie said...

oooh LOVE it...! Fab colourway the white on dark! Great. I was just about go have alook what you had in the shop, as i wanted to send some fabric to my mum in the UK. I will wait till Monday now.

Tali said...

wow, that looks HOT!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Very cool and elegant! So fortunate to be able to work with local screen printers- the costs in US are astronomical!

Victoria E said...

Love love love - I need to figure out what to make with all this swank fabrics!

AMM blog said...

Beautiful! I am a huge fan of your fabrics & prints! I don't know that I could sew anything with them that would do them justice!

Suki said...

oh how come my comment is dissapeared? anyway, i really like the new fabric!!

Georgia said...

Oooh, these are VERY nice. Yum.

Anonymous said...

white print on background colour is an absolute favorite- these are great, and love the ginkgo print

flygirl said...

Fantastic! The white on dark is esp good!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Zedd said...

Hi again Lara!
I just love everything you're coming out with.
I have a question/favour to ask, and I fully understand if you would rather keep this information to yourself, but I was wondering who does your fabric printing?
I may have even pestered you about this in the distant past and forgotten.


If you feel like info-sharing, I would be very grateful!
Zoe
(zoeiswinginit@yahoo.com.au)

Clara said...

LOVE it!!! Your designs are FABULOUS!!!!!

Juddie said...

Oh! These are too darned fabulous! Love 'em!